Inspiralized - tangled thai salad
Ladies and gents, its spring time, which means the bikinis and board shorts are about to be a rockin' and for me that means lots of greens and raw greatness. Sooooo I whipped up this super easy tangled thai salad for you all to enjoy and add to your spring menu. First, you will need a spiralizer. This little kitchen gadget that will run you roughly $25-30 big ones that will forever change your culinary swag. If you don't have one yet, I'd recommend running to Williams Sonoma or drop-shipping that baby from my one and only, Amazon. I use this one.
Tangled Thai Salad
- 1 package of brown rice noodles (like these) or for a lighter version use these kelp noodles, or just omit altogether
- 2 zucchini, spiralized or thinly sliced
- 2 cucumber, spiralized or thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots, spiralized or thinly sliced/shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts, rinsed in clean water (optional if your grocer doesnt have any)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and chopped finely (optional)
- toppings: 3 green onions (sliced on the diagonal green and white parts), 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, handful of chopped fresh mint, cilantro and basil, lime wedges, 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, and drizzle of Sriracha.
- peanut lime dressing (in a blender combine 3 cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave, 1 tablespoon Tamari/Soy Sauce, juice of 1 lime, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger, 2 tablespoons of water, dash of salt to taste. add more water if too potent).
In a large bowl, combine all main ingredients together and toss with peanut lime dressing to taste. Add your desired toppings and enjoy!