Plant Based Fondue
You guys.. when I saw Green Evi's vegan fondue recipe on my Instagram feed my heart stopped a little. Growing up, if it was fast and dirty, it had our name on it. Lets just say we were fast food prodegies. Yes, we are still repairing our microbiome, BUT, when a plant based recipe appears that tastes like FONDUE we cant help but scream a little. Our inner fat kid cells that is. When I saw this recipe I instantly ordered a little fondue pot and fondue forks... yes, I know what you are thinking. However, the excitement was uncontrollable! This last Sunday the superbowl happened and while the TV didn't turn on the stove did. Boom. The ultimate vegan Fondue came to life and it was way better than watching Tom Brady win. another. ring. Okay, enough. Here is the glorious recipe.
VEGAN CHEESY YUMMY FONDUE
serves 4-8 (depending on meal or appetizer)
For the fondue
- 1 cup of cashews (soaked)
- 5 tbsp tapioca starch
- 7 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup of plant-based heavy cream (I used soy, however, I think you can get away with coconut cream or cashew mylk here)
- ½ cup of white wine
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp white miso
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of turmeric (optional, but gives the fondue a yellow hue)
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic
- anything dip-worthy
- Add fondue ingredients (except garlic) to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Add mixture to a pot and start to cook on low heat, stirring frequently. Use a whisk to make creamy and thicken.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until fondue thickens and becomes stretchy.
- Meanwhile cut bread, apple, pear, etc. into bite size pieces.
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot with the garlic, then transfer the warm fondue to the pot.
- Serve immediately with the dipping foods on the side. Enjoy!