Creamy Mushroom Alfredo with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes (v)
As the weather cools off my love for warming soups, pastas, and galore begins. This decadently creamy mushroom Alfredo is a new Evergreen crowd favorite. I think its safe to say that with some cashews and a Vitamix we could have World Peace. A girl can dream, right?
"You'll have everyone drooling for more with this plant-based pasta"
Creamy Mushroom Alfredo w/ Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
Cashew Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight or 4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast - this gives it a nutty cheesy flavor, and added bonus: It is an Excellent source of B12.
- Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt and Ground Fresh Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 cup mushroom broth or veggie broth, if you don't have water will do.
- 1/4 cup plant based milk, I used almond milk
- Red Pepper Flakes to Taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon organic, cold-pressed EVOO (extra-virgin-olive-oil)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sprinkle of Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt and Pepper
- 1 - 2 cups assorted mushrooms. I used Crimini and Button
- I cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon GHEE or EVOO
- Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- I used linguine noodles here, but feel free to use fettuccine, or other desired noodle of choice. Cook according to package instructions.
preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cashew Cream: In a saucepan, add your EVOO and chopped onion. Sauté until onion is translucent. Add your chopped garlic and stir for another few minutes.
- In your blender, put your cashews, sautéed onion and garlic, nutritional yeast, broth, plant based milk, and a dash of Salt and Pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste, and add more liquid if needed for desired consistency. I usually add a dash of crushed red pepper flakes here and then blend once more. Set Aside.
- Cherry Tomatoes: On a cookie sheet, take a sheet of foil and create a bag for your cherry tomatoes. Drizzle EVOO, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Close the foil on top leaving just a little air pocket for your tomatoes. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Mushrooms: In same saucepan you used for your onions and garlic, place your ghee/EVOO and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are cooked through. Add spinach and wilt it down.
- Pasta: Cook according to package. Drain and add to saucepan with mushrooms. Add your cashew cream Alfredo sauce and stir to combine. Keep some pasta water just in case you need a little more liquid. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Plate your pasta and top with crushed red pepper flakes and blistered cherry tomatoes.
In health and happiness,
Shop the Post Below: