Sesame Banana Bread w/ Tahini Almond spread
My grandmother without a doubt has inspired my current obsession with baking. I think baking for me has always been my achilles heel... but I am determined to figure this science out. Using her recipe and swapping out the not so friendly ingredients and a little inspiration, this quick banana bread is sure to satisfy anyone!
Sesame Banana Bread w/ Tahini Almond Spread
creates 1 loaf
Banana Bread Ingredients
- 2 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten, (flax egg if you want a vegan substitute)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat white flour, or all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds or walnuts
For the Tahini Almond Butter:
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 rounded tablespoon tahini
- maple syrup, to taste
- To prepare the Sesame Banana Bread: Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, coconut oil, coconut sugar and maple syrup; mix well. Add the egg, vanilla extract salt, sesame seeds, and baking soda and stir well.
- Gently fold in the flour until mixed well, then spread the batter into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with more sesame seeds and sliced almonds/walnuts then back for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To prepare the Tahini Almond Butter: Combine almond butter and tahini in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Add maple syrup to taste.
- Serve spread over warm banana bread.