Thai Coconut Lime Oats with Mango
Thailand has arrived in evergreen kitchen with this quick, delicious, satisfying breakfast. Its no secret that my love for thai cuisine and flavors runs deep. I mean coconut in itself is my F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E scent, taste, lotion, candle, basically everything ever. So, these oats really get elevated quickly with just a few added steps that will instantly bring you to the beaches of Chiang Mai. For real, enjoy. Added bonus: Oats have been proven to lower blood pressure, stabilize blood sugar, and provide fiber and essentials minerals.
Thai Coconut Lime Oats With Mango
- 1 cup organic rolled oats (GF)
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk (shop my favorite brand below)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut sugar (use other preferred sweetener such as honey or maple)
- 1 organic mango, peeled, and cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, for topping
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, for topping
Bring oats and Coconut milk in small saucepan to a rolling boil until oats are soft and milk is cooked off. You may need to add a little water to ensure your oats are cooked thoroughly. Add teaspoon of coconut sugar, zest and juice of lime and combine. Remove from heat, separate into bowls, top with fresh mango, coconut shreds, black sesame seeds and extra lime zest.
Shop the Ingredients
Bon Appetit Friends from the beaches of Thailand! hehe