The Immune Bomb
The Immune Bomb
This blend is my go-to when I am feeling a little off or a tickle in my throat. I typically always rub doTERRA On Guard blend on my feet and neck + a drop under my tongue for daily prevention. However, sometimes you need an added boost. So we toss in the powerhouse oils; Frankincense, Rosemary and Oregano to really work its magic. Mixed in a 10 ml rollerball applicator or in a capsule + Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO) and viola! You now have the immune bomb.
- Rosemary: "Antioxidants are some of the most valuable defensive weapons we have in our body for fighting off infection and disease, so any food or essential oil that either adds to or stimulates the activity of antioxidants is a huge benefit to overall health. A study found that cortisol levels decreased after simultaneous massage and inhalation of rosemary essential oil also found that the scavenging free radical activity in the test subjects’ bodies also increased significantly. This means that regular use or inhalation of rosemary essential oil in aromatherapy sessions or in other ways can increase the strength of the immune system and help combat all of the diseases associated with free radicals, including cancer and heart disease." (https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/health-benefits-of-rosemary-oil.html)
- Frankincense: Frankincense Oil is effective as an antiseptic, and even the fumes or smoke obtained from burning it have antiseptic and disinfectant qualities that eliminate the germs in the space where the smoke filters out. It can be applied on wounds without any known side effects to protect them from tetanus and becoming septic. It is equally good on internal wounds and protects them from developing infections. Overall, frankincense essential oil tones and boosts health and is therefore considered a tonic. It benefits all the systems operating in the body, including the respiratory, digestive, nervous, and excretory systems, while also increasing strength by aiding the absorption of nutrients into the body. Furthermore, frankincense oil strengthens the immune system and keeps you strong and protected for the future. (https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/health-benefits-of-frankincense-essential-oil.html)
- Lemon: Lemon oil has a high vitamin content, which makes it a wonderful booster for the body’s immune system. It further stimulates white blood cells, thus increasing your ability to fight off diseases. Lemon oil also improves circulation throughout the body. (https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/health-benefits-of-lemon-oil.html)
- On Guard: On Guard is advertised as a "protective blend,” used to support the immune system and help kill off harmful bacteria and viruses. It contains a blend of five essential oils, including: wild orange peel, clove bud, cinnamon bark/leaf, eucalyptus leaf, rosemary leaf/flower.
- Oregano: The health benefits of Oregano can be attributed to its properties as an antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, emenagogue and anti-allergenic substance. This oil is good on soothing many types of inflammation, internal or external, caused by a variety of reasons. (https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/essential-oils/health-benefits-of-oregano-essential-oil.html)
- In a 10 ml rollerball, mix up to 10 drops of each oil and fill the remaining with FCO (fractionated coconut oil)
- In a capsule, add 1 drop of each oil and fill with FCO and take at night or in the morning. *please be sure when you are ingesting oils that you are using Certified Therapeutic Grade Oils such as doTERRA. Not all oils are treated equally. If you are medication, please consult your physician prior to digesting.