Did I just say superfoods twix? HAHA. Yes, you heard me right. I found a few renditions online and I tweaked this lovely recipe to the ZURA standard. Needless to say, you need this in your life.
Without further a do. #thevegantwix If you make these, be sure to tag me so I can see your lovely creations. XO
Serves: a whole lot
For the shortbread crust
· 2/3 cup coconut flour
· 2/3 cup gf oat flour
· 1/2 teaspoon salt, I use pink himalayan.
· 6 tablespoons maple syrup
· 2/3 cup coconut oil, solid
For the caramel filling
· ½ cup creamy organic raw almond butter
· 1/2 cup creamy organic peanut butter (MY FAVORITE PEANUT BUTTER EVER)
· 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, please feel free to sub stevia here for a sf option, maybe 2-4 drops. Or coconut sugar.
· 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
· 2 teaspoon vanilla paste, or vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the super food chocolate topping
· 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
· 1/2 cup cacao powder. I am loving Thrive Market's branded cacao.
· 4 tablespoons maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, for garnish.
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a large rectangle dish, I used a 9x13, with parchment paper.
2. Combine coconut flour, oat flour and salt in a bowl. Add the maple syrup and stir until fully combined and crumbly. Add the room temperature coconut oil and mix until a large dough ball forms, pressing out any clumps of coconut oil. I used my food processor but feel free to use your hands here.
3. Press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool completely. To speed this process up, I put the tray in the freezer.
4. For the filling, combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until all of the ingredients are melted and throughly combined. Pour over the crust and let cool in the freezer until set before topping with chocolate layer.
5. For the chocolate topping, whisk together all of the ingredients and pour over the cooled caramel layer. Smooth evenly and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Let cool until set. Slice into 1-inch slices. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
In health and happiness,